Our 5 Star Rating
Awarded by Shropshire Council March 2019
Lakeside Luxury Cattery has been awarded a 5 star rating
As of October 2018 The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) Regulations were completely revamped and updated for all business’s involving animals. All catteries and kennels are now given a star rating, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
Lakeside Luxury Cattery was awarded the highest rating of 5 stars by Shropshire Council as of March 2019 and we are very proud to be awarded this prestigious rating.
To achieve the 5 star rating we had to adhere to a set of strict requirements.
- The cattery must have 1 full time attendant per 20 cats kept.
- The cats must be provided with a design and layout that provides them with choice. This can be, for example, inclusion of raised platforms.
- Minimum temperature in the sleeping environment must be above 18 degrees.
- All individual cats must be inspected at least once during out of hour’s periods (evenings).
- Where more than one cat share a unit daily behavioural observations are recorded – especially any signs of stress or aggression.
- A competent person must be on site at all times.
- Units must be 1.5 times the minimum sizes stated.
- Each cat must have access to at least two raised areas. One in the sleeping area and one in the exercise area.
- A member of staff with a level 3 OFQUAL qualification in a relevant subject must be present during the working day.
- Ventilation must be managed, fixed or portable to ensure appropriate temperatures are maintained in all weathers.
- A choice of hiding places and different levels and shelves must be provided.
- Behavioural observations must be recorded daily for all cats.
- Designated on site isolation facilities must be available and must follow the same size and facility requirements as the normal cattery units.